As you may already have heard on the radio network, the Neighbourhood Watch (NW) component of the Doringkloof Residents Association (DRA) is having its' first Promotion and Awareness Event on Saturday, 16 May at the Sonja Street Centre in Doringkloof, from 09h00 to about 12h00.
Within the primary objective of promoting and creating more awareness about the Neighbourhood Watch, we plan to meet and greet as many of our residents as possible, especially those who are new to Doringkloof and who may want to become more involved in our activities.
We also plan to :
– establish the extent to which residents would like to become more involved in our activities eg. as patrollers, trainers, profilers or on the administrative side. Maybe as co-ordinators ?
– verify and/or obtain contact details. If yours may need updating, please come and check.
– update the equipment inventory and obtain future requirements.
– answer any questions that residents may have about the NW or DRA.
– provide updated banking details to residents who previously contributed via the debit order system.
Boerewors rolls will be on sale (at cost !), as well as a few other items such as signage, maps, shirts, caps and torches.
All our residents are invited to spend some time with us, even if its’ just for a few minutes.