𝗠𝗲𝗲𝘁 𝗚𝗲𝗿𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗣𝗿𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗹𝗼𝗼
by Nelanie van Schalkwyk
Portfolio: Finances & IT
Vice-Chairman with portfolio; Finances
Gerhard is on both committees of Doringkloof DRA and DNW and is in charge of finances. He is Radio Manager, Data Manager, Web Master and serve on the Crime Intelligence committee. He is also a radio coordinator doing mainly night shifts.
I asked him a couple of questions, and this is what he answered:
- Tell us who is Gerhard.
” I am an ordinary homeowner in Doringkloof, running a Computer Consultancy from home”.
- How long have you been living in Doringkloof?
“We are staying in Doringkloof for the past 34 years”.
- How long have you been on the committee/s?
“I am on the committee from the beginning in various positions for 15 years”.
- What motivates you to be involved in the community?
“My motivation is to share my abilities with the community to make Doringkloof a safe and caring suburb”.
- You are also a husband and father. Tell us more about your wife and children.
“I am married to Hannah and have two children. My eldest stays and work in New Zealand for the past seven years which unfortunately means my two grandsons are also in Auckland. My daughter Elize works for me”.
- Tell us more about your occupation.
“As stated previously I am running an IT Consultancy where I fix computers and sell new computers and related products. I also advise on various aspects regarding IT”.
- Tell us about some of the highlight(s) you have experienced in Doringkloof over the years.
“One of the big highlights in Doringkloof was after a lot of hard work by a dedicated team we started to take our suburb back from criminals. It is a joy for me to see people use the streets to ride their bikes or jog and walk without fear”.
- What do you do to relax?
“To relax me and my daughter enjoy photography and reading”.
- If you had a million rand which you could spend on Doringkloof. What would you do?
“What I would use a million rand on in this suburb is to fix the streetlights and sprue up Jean Avenue with trees and plants. Also, re-surface the roads as well as paint road markings”
Thank you for doing a great job Gerhard Prinsloo We appreciate you.